He’s back! Dr. Zubin Damania (aka ZDoggMD), one of the show’s most popular returning guests, rejoins Fixing Healthcare hosts Dr. Robert Pearl and Jeremy Corr for a heartfelt look at the ugly, imperfect and oh-so human side of medicine.
In this episode, the trio discusses:
- The roots of our anxiety as patients and as clinicians
- Why so many Americans put off preventive screenings and treatment for chronic diseases
- The fear that haunts so many doctors and nurses: making a mistake
- Taking shame out of unconscious bias so that we can honestly discuss solutions for inequitable care
- And, as an extension of all these difficult emotions, the men share their thoughts on the hit movie of the summer, Barbie
Dr. Z is a UCSF- and Stanford-trained internist and founder of Turntable Health, an innovative primary care clinic and model for Health 3.0. His persona, ZDoggMD, amassed an army of followers—owing to his clever healthcare parody videos and cutting take on modern medicine.
Hit the play button to start the episode or check out more background about our guest via the links below.
- The Incident Report: ZDoggMD’s Live Show
- ZDoggMD’s website: Health 3.0
- ZDoggMD diagnoses the culture of medicine (on Fixing Healthcare)
- ZDoggMD has a plan to fix American healthcare (on Fixing Healthcare)
* * *
Dr. Robert Pearl is the author of a book about medicine’s invisible yet highly influential physician culture. Check out “Uncaring: How Physician Culture Is Killing Doctors & Patients.” All profits from the book go to Doctors Without Borders.
Fixing Healthcare is a co-production of Dr. Robert Pearl and Jeremy Corr. Subscribe to the show via Apple, Spotify, Stitcher or wherever you find podcasts. Join the conversation or suggest a guest by following the show on Twitter and LinkedIn.